Posted by beacon on Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 5:12 PM
On Saturday, August 6th, staff from HumanGood Affordable Housing, US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and local elected officials came together to celebrate the grand opening of Northaven West. The festivities included a community picnic and music from The West Seattle Band.
Northaven West was built in partnership with Northaven Senior Housing and HumanGood Affordable Housing. The original Northaven property was developed under the Section 236 program 50+ years ago. The new NHW building was built on the surface parking lot and brings 82 additional units of affordable housing for independent living seniors while offering amenities including an outdoor garden area, library, and campus-wide wellness activities.
Those living at Northaven West enjoy walkable access to shopping, medical facilities, parks, and the Northgate Light Rail Station.
Posted by beacon on Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 1:08 PM
HumanGood Affordable Housing (HGAH) and Beacon Development Group are proud to be selected from a pool of 146 applications as the recipient of a Capital Magnet Fund (CMF) Award, securing the highest award amount of $12 million. Coupled with HGAH’s receipt of the 2020 CMF Award, this brings a total of $17 million in funding for its affordable housing development efforts.
The CMF Awards are offered by the US Department of the Treasury’s Community Development and Financial Institutions Fund to support affordable housing and related community service facilities. These include learning centers, daycares, community centers – facilities HGAH and Beacon Development Group already have a long history of building.
HGAH and Beacon Development Group anticipate disbursing and completing projects with the $17 million in CMF Award funding by September of 2027.
Posted by beacon on Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM
On June 2022, the Filipino Community of Seattle (FCS), local community leaders, and HumanGood Affordable Housing staff celebrated the grand opening of the Filipino Community Village. This new development brings 94 units of affordable housing to Rainier Valley for low-income seniors earning up to 30%, 50%, and 60% of area median income.
Situated adjacent to the FCS Community Center, residents and visitors to the space have access to the FCS’s food bank, community activities, and other programming. This project additionally brings to the community an Innovative Learning Center to provide resources and a space for STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) programs for young people in Rainier Valley. The project also incorporates a spectacular multi-panel mural by artist Eliseo Silva which depicts in great detail extensive elements of Filipino history, culture, and the local immigrant experience.
The work doesn’t stop. FCS looks forward to breaking ground on Filipino Community Phase II adjacent to this space very soon, bringing 50 – 60 more units of affordable housing for low-income families to Rainier Valley.
Posted by beacon on Thu, May 5, 2022 at 11:13 PM
We are seeking a PT Office Manager for our Seattle Office. The position is 30 hours per week with full benefits. To apply for the position please follow this link Apply Here.
- Oversee space planning and coordinates installations as needed;
- Manages front desk reception area including greeting walk-ins and providing refreshments as requested;
- Manages, prepares orders, and stocks office, housekeeping and emergency preparedness supplies;
- Manages general condition of the overall office, kitchen, shower facility, and storage areas;
- Ensure office safety protocols and supplies;
- Oversees and/or provides appliance and equipment maintenance including cleaning, replacing, supplies, and placing service calls;
- Assists with copier, fax, postage, and printer equipment and systems, including troubleshooting, rotating network system backup tapes, and maintaining service records;
- Monitors office security systems and distributes/tracks key fobs;
- Manages company vehicle schedule, maintenance, parking passes, and light rail passes;
- Works with Vice Presidents to plan and oversee logistical support for all company-wide events (e.g. retreats, conferences, social gatherings, etc.);
- Manages telephones including some degree of phone answering and directing of calls, insuring proper recorded messages are set up and operating, and reports any problems with telephone or answering systems;
- Maintains relationships with vendors, suppliers, and property management;
- Assumes other office management responsibilities as requested.
- Proven ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates familiarity with and ability to operate standard office equipment, use of MS Office Suite and Adobe, event planning and marketing.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with day-to-day tasks and collaboratively within a team.
- Manage interruptions and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Maintain good working relationships with parent company team members.
Information Technology Vendor point of contact
All duties below are performed with support from third party IT consultant and Vice President (supervisor);
- Manages purchasing of all computer equipment as recommended by IT consultant and with approval of direct supervisor
- Facilitates resolution of issues tied to computers, network, server, etc. with third party vendor as needed
- Provides support to staff regarding use and issues with computer systems; password resets, locked outs, memory issues, etc.
- Coordinates with IT consultant regarding issues that cannot be solved internally.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail;
- Assists with on-boarding of new staff;
- Schedules team meetings and organizes catering when necessary;
- Provides administrative support for Directors and Senior Project Managers for applications, draws, and general project management as needed;
- Provides administrative support to Asset Management as needed;
- Serves as member of the marketing committee;
- Manages Beacon client, contact database;
- Provides other administrative support assistance as needed by staff
Education – High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree desirable
Experience/Training – Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative support, office management, vendor management, project coordination and customer service.
For more information regarding this position please contact Brian Lloyd – Brianl@beacondevgroup.com.
Posted by beacon on Thu, May 5, 2022 at 7:38 PM
Grand Opening Event in front of newly renovated community room and BBQ area.
On April 12th, 2022, The Board of Third Baptist Gardens, in partnership with HumanGood Affordable Housing, celebrated the completion of the extensive renovations of Frederick Douglas Haynes Apartments. Under the redevelopment oversight of Beacon Development Group, the six building, 104-unit redevelopment included fully renovated apartments with all new electrical, plumbing, and all new kitchens, bathrooms, flooring in addition to a new community room, courtyard, children’s play structure, resident services coordinator’s office and resident BBQ area.
FD Haynes Apartments is a multi-family affordable housing community located in the historic Fillmore neighborhood of San Francisco, developed in the mid-1970s by Third Baptist Church, one of the oldest African American Churches in the city dating back to the mid-1800s.
The apartments were named after Pastor Frederick Douglas Haynes Sr. who led the church for over 38 years and built Haynes Apartments to provide affordable housing to African American families. Since 1976, the church has been led by Reverend Amos Brown, who has been a civic leader and advocate for keeping African Americans in San Francisco.
Posted by beacon on Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:21 PM
Posted by beacon on Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 10:06 PM
Groundbreaking took place in December. Anticipated completion date for the rehabilitation is September 2022 and new construction is January 2023.
Beacon is proud to announce funding for 25 units of emergency and transitional housing for survivors of domestic violence and their children who are coming out of homelessness or are at risk for homelessness. The project includes rehabilitation of residential housing and new construction of a building to provide services. The site is located close to transit, parks, medical services, and other amenities. Funding awards includes $4.3M Housing Finance Program loan and a $2M award from the State Housing Trust Fund. The project team include Environmental Works and Buchanan General Contracting and the client has a stated priority for Minority Business Representation on the project.
Posted by beacon on Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 8:01 PM
Photo by Edison Creative Group (Valleyford, WA)
On the 246th birthday of the US Marine Corps, Beacon joined more than 100 veterans and elected officials to celebrate the opening of Yakima Housing Authority’s (YHA) Chuck Austin Place. The project is located on the former Yakima Armory which was donated to YHA through a federal property disposition program. It provides 14 studios of permanent housing, 17 one-bedroom units, and 10 two-bedroom units for homeless singles and families.
Photo by Edison Creative Group (Valleyford, WA)
The 12,000 SF of social services space will provide comprehensive services in one location for homeless veterans in the Yakima community. Yakima Neighborhood Health Services will operate a primary care clinic and additional social service office space will be occupied by Veterans Administration Supportive Housing (VASH) case managers and Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) case managers. This project addresses the need in Yakima for housing and services for homeless veterans in the community.
Posted by beacon on Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 3:02 PM
Rendering by Kramer Marks Architects
Beacon Development Group is pleased to announce that HumanGood East has been awarded 9% tax credits by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) for a 47 unit senior affordable housing community in the Port Richmond neighborhood of Philadelphia. Janney Street Apartments will serve seniors 62 years of age or older with 5 units set aside for formerly homeless seniors referred by the Philadelphia Office of Supportive Services. All units in the new four-story apartment complex will be one-bedroom apartments and average 670 square feet.
Janney Street Apartments received funding via 9% LIHTC in the amount of $12.0M and Pennsylvania Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement (PHARE) Fund program in the amount of $0.6 million. Additionally, the project has been awarded $1.5 million from the City of Philadelphia and is receiving $1.5 million from the Bala Presbyterian Home Foundation.
Posted by beacon on Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 6:11 PM
Rendering by Environmental Works
BDG Senior Housing Developer Chris Moxon
Construction is set to begin next month on Ethiopian Village, a partnership between HumanGood and Ethiopian Community in Seattle. The project located in the Rainier Valley of Seattle, includes 90 units of affordable housing for low-income seniors with incomes ranging from 30% – 60% of AMI with 75% set aside for 50% or below AMI. The project will preserve community assets and help reduce displacement of low-income seniors while providing access to valuable services through a dedicated resident service coordinator. The ground floor will be an expansion of the existing Ethiopian Community Center providing a campus feel for community members and housing residents to interact and enjoy the amenities.
Anticipated Completion Date January 2023