Beacon Development is pleased to announce the recent hiring of five new team members: Cacima Lee, Roberta Schur, Miranda Nelson, Anna Bascom, and Amar Halaweh.
Cacima Lee is a seasoned community and political organizer with her most recent project the resettlement of Afghan refugees. She recently graduated from the University of Washington’s Evans School with her Master’s in Public Administration. We are excited to welcome her as our office manager.
Roberta Schur brings over 20 years of experience in affordable housing and community development to the team as our
new Senior Housing Developer. Roberta worked previously with the Tacoma Housing Authority and similar nonprofits in the Chicago area and the Puget Sound.
Miranda Nelson joins us as an Asset Manager, helping oversee properties with HUD and LIHTC layers in Washington State. Prior to joining BDG, she worked for the Washington State Department of Commerce overseeing a portfolio of affordable housing as a Compliance Asset Manager.
Anna Bascom began her affordable housing career 11 years ago as a HUD Performance-Based Contract Administrator where she supported the preservation of thousands of affordable housing units. She joins Beacon Development Group in 2022 as the Asset Manager Lead.
Amar Halaweh is a senior at the University of Washington studying Real Estate. Prior to joining Beacon, she worked as an Escrow Assistant at Shannon Escrow Inc. We’re excited to have her join us as our Housing Development Intern through the Housing Development Consortium.
Finally, Beacon proudly celebrates George Sousou’s promotion to Construction Management Director – California. We look forward to expanding the work we do in California to better serve the community.
Beacon Development Group’s Development Director, Beth Boram, chats with a Housing Washington conference attendee at the Beacon booth.
October 2nd and 3rd, Beacon Development Group had the pleasure of sponsoring the first in-person Housing Washington Conference since the pandemic. Beacon Development staff attended workshops throughout the day, with Vice President Brian Lloyd presenting the session “Housing 101.” Staff mingled with conference participants who visited the Beacon booth during the conference and shared more about projects currently in construction or recently finished.
Beacon Development Group looks forward to continuing their efforts towards affordable housing in Washington State. See you all again next year at Housing Washington 2023!
HumanGood Affordable Housing (HGAH) and Beacon Development Group are proud to be selected from a pool of 146 applications as the recipient of a Capital Magnet Fund (CMF) Award, securing the highest award amount of $12 million. Coupled with HGAH’s receipt of the 2020 CMF Award, this brings a total of $17 million in funding for its affordable housing development efforts.
The CMF Awards are offered by the US Department of the Treasury’s Community Development and Financial Institutions Fund to support affordable housing and related community service facilities. These include learning centers, daycares, community centers – facilities HGAH and Beacon Development Group already have a long history of building.
HGAH and Beacon Development Group anticipate disbursing and completing projects with the $17 million in CMF Award funding by September of 2027.
We are seeking a PT Office Manager for our Seattle Office. The position is 30 hours per week with full benefits. To apply for the position please follow this link Apply Here.
- Oversee space planning and coordinates installations as needed;
- Manages front desk reception area including greeting walk-ins and providing refreshments as requested;
- Manages, prepares orders, and stocks office, housekeeping and emergency preparedness supplies;
- Manages general condition of the overall office, kitchen, shower facility, and storage areas;
- Ensure office safety protocols and supplies;
- Oversees and/or provides appliance and equipment maintenance including cleaning, replacing, supplies, and placing service calls;
- Assists with copier, fax, postage, and printer equipment and systems, including troubleshooting, rotating network system backup tapes, and maintaining service records;
- Monitors office security systems and distributes/tracks key fobs;
- Manages company vehicle schedule, maintenance, parking passes, and light rail passes;
- Works with Vice Presidents to plan and oversee logistical support for all company-wide events (e.g. retreats, conferences, social gatherings, etc.);
- Manages telephones including some degree of phone answering and directing of calls, insuring proper recorded messages are set up and operating, and reports any problems with telephone or answering systems;
- Maintains relationships with vendors, suppliers, and property management;
- Assumes other office management responsibilities as requested.
- Proven ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates familiarity with and ability to operate standard office equipment, use of MS Office Suite and Adobe, event planning and marketing.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with day-to-day tasks and collaboratively within a team.
- Manage interruptions and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Maintain good working relationships with parent company team members.
Information Technology Vendor point of contact
All duties below are performed with support from third party IT consultant and Vice President (supervisor);
- Manages purchasing of all computer equipment as recommended by IT consultant and with approval of direct supervisor
- Facilitates resolution of issues tied to computers, network, server, etc. with third party vendor as needed
- Provides support to staff regarding use and issues with computer systems; password resets, locked outs, memory issues, etc.
- Coordinates with IT consultant regarding issues that cannot be solved internally.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail;
- Assists with on-boarding of new staff;
- Schedules team meetings and organizes catering when necessary;
- Provides administrative support for Directors and Senior Project Managers for applications, draws, and general project management as needed;
- Provides administrative support to Asset Management as needed;
- Serves as member of the marketing committee;
- Manages Beacon client, contact database;
- Provides other administrative support assistance as needed by staff
Education – High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree desirable
Experience/Training – Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative support, office management, vendor management, project coordination and customer service.
For more information regarding this position please contact Brian Lloyd – Brianl@beacondevgroup.com.