If you are interested, apply online here.
You may also contact Brian Lloyd, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beacon Development Group seeks a Development Associate to assist the Housing Developers and Construction Managers in the Washington office. Development support includes funding application preparation and submission, loan closing assistance, feasibility research, and other general assistance tasks. Construction support includes project document tracking/filing, construction cost tracking, and other construction management administrative tasks. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, applicable educational and/or job experience, and an interest in serving low income communities. They are detail-oriented and focused on team and client needs.
Beacon is strongly committed to advancing racial, gender, and social equity. Beacon works with a range of clients who serve diverse communities; we are seeking a candidate who has experience, confidence and desire to work in these communities. Beacon is committed to hiring and advancing personnel with an explicit goal to advance people of color, women, LGBTQ people, and other people from traditionally underrepresented communities. Candidates with experience living in affordable housing or who identify with those from disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Reports to: Development Director
Salary range: $55,000 – $85,000 annually depending on experience
• Bachelor’s degree or successful relevant work experience
• 2 years of work experience in a role with similar responsibilities
• Ability to support multiple projects and effectively communicate with internal and external partners
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads • Strong organizational skills • Self-motivated; able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in diverse settings
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization
Description of Duties
The Development Associate works with a team in the construction and development of affordable housing projects. Working under the supervision and guidance of a Development Director, the Development Associate is responsible for executing tasks related to all aspects of project development from planning, funding applications, design, loan closings, to construction. This will involve a dynamic set of tasks related to the overall management of the project’s schedule and budget throughout the project development cycle.
In general, the duties of the BDG Development Associate are expected to include the following:
Project Development Tasks
• Complete necessary reports to funders
• Assist in assembling funding applications to public and private funders
• Provide research and support to developers for realistic development and operating budgets
• Manage due diligence related to financial closings, including assembling materials for funders, tracking workflow and tasks, and following up on deadlines with multiple parties
• Assemble funding disbursement requests to funders during construction, including organizing invoices and updating project budgets in Excel
• Maintain and update electronic project files throughout project duration
• Complete archiving of project files, with clear file organization and structure, for transition to the client
• Provide additional support to Housing Developers as needed
Construction Management Tasks
• Produce client reports and correspondence related to construction management services
• Research and coordinate information required for construction-related documents, including permits and utility applications
• Assist in architect and contractor selection, including coordinating solicitations and responses
• Support staff in the building design process with clients and architects
• Responsible for tracking ongoing project documentation and timely communications among the client, architect, and general contractor, including immediate and urgent requests that arise during construction, i.e. submittals, RFIs, COPs, change orders, etc.
• Manage document storage and transfer through a web-based file transfer site
• Maintain accurate and functional filing system for all construction process documents including draws, change orders, meeting minutes, etc.
• Assist in review of monthly pay requests
• Participate in regular construction meetings as needed to help ensure flow of communication throughout the construction process
External and Internal Development
• Participate in activities designed to maintain and enhance Beacon’s team environment
• Engage in HumanGood team building and training opportunities
About Beacon Development Group:
BDG is an affordable housing consulting firm that works with nonprofits and housing authorities to create high-quality multifamily communities that serve a wide range of populations including seniors, families, homeless households, and those with disabilities. Beacon was formed in 1999 and has been serving clients in the Northwest, with its primary focus on Washington State. Beacon has served over 40 different clients and has helped produce over 5,600 units of housing in 92 projects with a combined value of $1 billion dollars.
Beacon was acquired in 2015 and is now a subsidiary company of HumanGood. HumanGood is a nonprofit organization that owns and operates affordable housing and life plan retirement communities for older adults throughout the west coast and Pennsylvania. Beacon acts as the developer for all HumanGood project work that serves low income seniors.
BEACON DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Complying with the Americans With Disabilities Act, BEACON DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective team members and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with BEACON DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LLC.